At Dromoland Castle
Dromoland Castle is the perfect location for you & your special pet’s vacation. We have a limited number of dog-friendly rooms, which are subject to availability.
Beds, towels, bowls, door mat, poop scoop bags and water.
Referrals for local veterinarians, pet shops, groomers, dog walkers and dog sitters are available and please
call us for further information and prices. We have walking maps of our extensive estate and
recommendations of some wonderful parks and walks in County Clare.
The following dog policy applies to ensure all our guests and pets can enjoy their visit to the resort.
Aggressive breeds (see list below) – are not permitted. If you have any questions about whether your dog will be permitted, please call the Castle directly.
- American pit bull terrier
- English bull terrier
- Staffordshire bull terrier
- Bull mastiff
- Dobermann pinscher
- German shepherd (Alsatian)
- Rhodesian ridgeback
- Japanese akita
- Japanese tosa
- Except for official service dogs, pets are only allowed in public guest areas on their way to and from their owner’s room.
- Dogs may not be fed in food and beverage outlets on the property.
- Dogs may not be left unattended for any period of time in guest rooms.
All pets should be disease-free with all standard IRL vaccinations
- For the safety and health of guests and staff, dogs must be on a leash or otherwise restrained at all times while outside of your room and throughout the resort.
- Please be considerate and immediately clean up after your dog throughout the resort. Removal of waste is mandatory.
- The safety and health of your dog is your responsibility. You are also responsible for your dog’s behaviour at all times and for any damage caused by your dog. Dromoland Castle assumes no liability for your dog.
- A cleaning and deodorizing charge will be assessed if your dog soils your room.
Please do not walk your dogs in the area surrounding the Temple of Mercury to the front of the Hotel as this our Falconry site and will interfere with the birds of prey during lessons and demonstrations.
We charge €40 per dog per night to stay in the Hotel.