Dromoland Castle – A way of life
Hospitality is a vocation, not just a job, and it takes special talents and commitment to be a hospitality professional.
Our team is characterised by diligent, talented people who genuinely love hospitality; who delight in taking care of guests; who strive for quality and excellence; who are friendly and positive; who are highly motivated and enthusiastic; who instinctively will always go that extra mile to create the magic of Dromoland!
Equally, knowledge and experience are prized, and we welcome talented candidates from across the globe who have worked in other comparable hotels and whose expertise will enhance what we already do.
In applying to join our team, you will need to be prepared for the mental and physical challenges that comes with working in hospitality as well as the opportunities this unique five-star property will provide.
- Responsible for Proactive & Reactive Sales
- Sales of weddings and all social events on the estate. From initial enquiry, show around, proposal, contract, deposit and hand over the wedding or banqueting co-ordinator
- Proactively in the marketplace promoting the estate for weddings and social events
- Responsible for all wedding and social event site inspections
- Chase and manages deposits
- Continuously looking at ways to improve our product offering, communications and monitor trends and new attractions and experiences in the local area
- Ensures to maximise rooms sales with upselling and selling the appropriate room category when quoting and contracting.
- Managing databases for vendors, planners, potential clients
- Client entertainment as required
- Manages Moposa and updates and develops on a regular basis
- Collates and manages Wedding and Social Events sales budgets and costs
- Develop wedding packages, buyout packages, pre and post options, off peak period offerings, social event packages
- Develops upsell program and targets
- Attends appropriate industry events e.g. WIPA, Engage etc.
- Reporting on KPI’s - Weddings and social events bookings, pace, Tentative V Confirmed etc
- Works with Commercial Manager on rate setting and strategy
- Maintain and develop relationships with Wedding & Event planners, clients and vendors
- Develop the sales and marketing collateral for weddings and social events
- Responsible for developing and managing sales budgets for Weddings and Social Events
- Works closely with the sales team
- Regular communication with all department HOD’s and management
- Maximising profitability and sales for the company at all times e.g. upselling various revenue streams on the estate
- All enquiries are responded to within 24 hours during the standard working week
- All contracts are their full responsibility, and any revenue reductions post contract must be approved by Wedding Manager
- Work closely with sales team to maximise all opportunities
- Working week is based on a five day over seven and there will be times when weekend work will be a requirement
- Development of site inspections and agreeing SOP for same with sales team
- Responsible for own PO’s
- Develop a sales and marketing strategy for Weddings and Social Events
- Have 3rd level qualification in Hotel Management or equivalent.
- Applicant must have at least 3 years-experience.
- Applicant must be self-motivated, have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Have a good ability to lead and motivate.
- Have strong organisational skills.
- A good “eye for fine detail” is essential.
Candidate will be responsible for: -
- Manage the Resort’s ongoing compliance to the Sustainability Guidelines for Operations and execution of the resort-specific Sustainability Action Plan below.
- Future Sustainable Plans and Projects.
- Corporate Social Responsibility.
- Award Accreditation.
- Sales & Marketing – Providing up to date information, policies etc.
- Leading the Sustainability Team.
- Training with HR and develop new staff training material. Support HR delivery of training material on the Resort.
- Community Relations – develop and maintain relationships with key community organizations and representatives.
- Drive innovation for resource efficiency and act as a focal point for ideas and initiatives from all hotel staff.
·Communication – arranging and meetings attendance. Communication on all
sustainability projects/initiatives and expectations on hotel’s team members.
- Manage existing relationships with sustainability-related partners and identify opportunities for enhancing existing or adding new partnerships.
The ideal candidate should: -
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Sustainability or closely related field.
- At least 2 years’ experience working in sustainability related role.
·Some resort, hospitality, and/or facility management experience preferred.
- Have good interpersonal, communication skills and be highly organized.
Excellent benefits package with the role including but not limited to:
- Full Training Very competitive salary.
- Free Leisure Centre Access after 6 months.
- Pension Scheme after 6 months.
- Sick Pay.
- Wellness Programme.
- Terms & Conditions apply.