At Dromoland Castle
20th May 2020
Our health and safety measures are reviewed and updated regularly and may change in accordance with our governments and
World Health Organisations guidelines and recommendations.
HEALTH & SAFETY
While our normal welcome of a friendly handshake is temporarily paused, you will still be greeted at Dromoland Castle by the same friendly faces and smiles that will make you feel like you have just arrived home.
The following are some of the measures that we have introduced to assist us in ensuring you have a safe and very memorable stay with us:
Our reservations team is available to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have regarding your personal preferences, including levels of service and interaction with staff.
- We understand that some guests may want contactless services, so these are available throughout all areas of the Castle.
- PPE is being used by our staff in all areas and is also available to our guests during your stay, including face masks, disinfectant sanitisers, disposable gloves and aprons.
- Advanced health and safety training had taken place to ensure the highest level of hygiene.
- We have retrained all of our team in Covid-19 Prevention and Control Measures and will constantly monitor government guidelines to ensure the strictest of controls are in place throughout.
- Social distancing measures have been introduced including reduced restaurant and bar capacities, counter screening, and reorganisation of seating areas.
- New reservation procedures have been put in place for all lounge, dining and leisure areas, whilst also limiting non-resident bookings for your comfort.
- Increased cleaning and disinfecting schedules have been introduced in all areas, with special attention to high-risk items such as hard surfaces and door handles.
- Cleaning of guest bedrooms has been revised to ensure disinfectant of all soft furnishings, telephones, bedside lockers, pillow protectors, bins and light switches.
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning of all air filters.
- All guest linen has been laundered to HSE guidelines for your comfort and safety.
- Our spa journey has been updated and therapists will use PPE whilst performing treatments.
- Our leisure facilities including golf, pool and gym areas have been revised to ensure social distancing. Reservations will now be required to limit guest numbers at any one time.
- Our health and safety policies will continually be adapted to the latest recommendations and requirements set out by the Irish Government and The World Health Organization.
The health and wellbeing of our guests and colleagues will always be number one, so please be assured that we are always doing everything possible to ensure your and their safety and comfort.
At Dromoland Castle, the health and safety of our guests and employees are paramount to us. We are closely monitoring the ongoing and ever-changing situation of COVID-19 and want to ensure guests that we are taking proactive measures to reduce the stress of the situation for everyone who enters the Castle. We are completely open and operating as usual and are as excited as ever to welcome new and returning guests into our Irish family home. Below we’ve addressed some questions and concerns and are here to discuss any additional queries that may arise. With love from the Dromoland Castle family.
If I need to cancel last minute, what’s the policy?
While the situation is changing at an hourly pace, for the moment we have amended our cancellation policy for individual bookings from 7 days to 48 hours. We are reviewing on a daily basis and will take every guests’ concerns into consideration on a case-by-case basis. Please reach out to our reservations manager Blan Sexton email, firstname.lastname@example.org or call +353 61 368 144 and we would be happy to discuss options regarding your stay.
What extra precautions are you taking to maintain a sanitary environment?
- We have appointed a dedicated Liaison Officer, Lauren Cusack email Lauren.email@example.com for all queries regarding COVID-19; she is closely monitoring all reports and news outlets to deliver up-to-date and current information on a regular basis.
- We have increased sanitizing stations in all areas of the hotel.
- We are actively training our staff members to increase hygiene standards and procedures.
- We are issuing all guests with an information sheet on arrival, should they have concerns while in our care.
- Please do not be offended should we not shake your hand or welcome you with a warm embrace; the sentiment is there, but we feel it prudent to err on the side of caution and as a precautionary measure we are reducing the amount of physical contact.
How do I know the hotel staff is healthy?
All Dromoland Castle staff have consulted with our human resources department to ensure they have not travelled through any high-risk countries.
Any staff member showing any symptoms will be sent to receive medical care immediately.
What will happen if I become symptomatic during my stay?
The entire front office staff has been trained with a comprehensive protocol on the steps to take should a guest become symptomatic.
We have multiple doctors on-call; all guests and staff will be provided with these telephone numbers should they be in need.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out to our team should you like to discuss any questions or concerns regarding your stay. We want all our guests to feel comfortable and able to make the very most of their time at the Castle.
We look forward to welcoming you to our home soon!
Over 500 years of history and hospitality have made Dromoland Castle a very special hotel with strong local roots. We are a place of happiness, where guests come to feel good, to feel special, to feel indulged.
We are a wellbeing oasis surrounded by the purest countryside, private, peaceful and picturesque. We are a luxurious hideaway, where everyone, from children to adults, receives the warmest of welcomes.
We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back to our magical Castle. We want to assure you that every possible safety and health measure has been thought through in minute detail and put in place to protect you and all of our loyal, passionate colleagues on the estate.
When you next check-in with us you will notice certain changes to our procedures to ensure everyone’s safety and comfort. If at any time, you wish to discuss these or any specific concerns you have prior to your arrival, we are always here for you and happy to do so.
These new measures are underpinned by the elements that have always made Dromoland Castle so special.
Our people, our service, our ethos, will always remain at the heart of all that we do. We are your castle, your home far away from every day life.
We are already looking forward to welcoming you soon and promise you that we will do everything we can to make your visit as safe, beautiful, and relaxing as possible.