At Dromoland Castle
Our health and safety measures are reviewed and updated regularly and may change in accordance with our governments and
World Health Organisations guidelines and recommendations.
Dear Friend & Guest,
Over 500 years of history and hospitality have made Dromoland Castle a very special hotel with strong local roots. We are a place of happiness, where guests come to feel good, to feel special, to feel indulged.
We are a wellbeing oasis surrounded by the purest countryside, private, peaceful and picturesque. We are a luxurious hideaway, where everyone, from children to adults, receives the warmest of welcomes.
We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back to our magical Castle. We want to assure you that every possible safety and health measure has been thought through in minute detail and put in place to protect you and all of our loyal, passionate colleagues on the estate.
Our health and safety measures are reviewed and updated regularly and may change in accordance with our Irish Governments and World Health Organisations guidelines and recommendations.
When you next check-in with us you will notice certain changes to our procedures to ensure everyone’s safety and comfort. If at any time, you wish to discuss these or any specific concerns you have prior to your arrival, we are always here for you and happy to do so. These new measures are underpinned by the elements that have always made Dromoland Castle so special.
While our normal welcome of a friendly handshake is temporarily paused, you will still be greeted at Dromoland Castle by the same friendly faces and smiles that will make you feel like you have just arrived home.
At Dromoland Castle, the health and safety of our guests and employees are paramount to us. We are closely monitoring the ongoing and ever-changing situation of COVID-19 and want to ensure guests that we are taking proactive measures to reduce the stress of the situation for everyone who enters the Castle.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out to me or any of our team should you like to discuss any questions or concerns regarding your stay. We want all our guests to feel comfortable and able to make the very most of their time at the Castle.
Our people, our service, our ethos, will always remain at the heart of all that we do. We are your castle, your home far away from everyday life.
We are already looking forward to welcoming you soon and promise you that we will do everything we can to make your visit as safe, beautiful, and relaxing as possible.
HEALTH & SAFETY
We have appointed COVID-19 team & ambassadors at Dromoland Castle who are continuously monitoring and updating our estates safety measures to ensure yours and our wellbeing and peace of mind when returning to The Castle. The following are some of the measures we have put in place to ensure you, your guests and our employees have a safe environment when on the estate.
- Our reservations team is available to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have regarding your personal preferences, including levels of service and interaction with staff.
- We offer alternative express check-in and check-out options, parking and housekeeping services tailored to guests’ needs and comfort.
- We understand that some guests may want contactless services, so these are available throughout all areas of the Castle.
- PPE is being used by our staff in all areas and is also available to our guests during your stay, including face masks, disinfectant sanitisers, disposable gloves and aprons.
- Hand sanitiser stations have been set up in all areas of the estate.
- Advanced health and safety training has taken place to ensure the highest level of hygiene.
- We have retrained and will continue to train all members of our team on COVID-19 Prevention and Control Measures, on sanitation and physical distancing protocols and we will constantly monitor government guidelines to ensure the strictest of controls are in place throughout at all times.
- Increased frequency of cleaning and disinfecting schedules have been introduced in our bedrooms and all in all public areas, with special attention to high-use, high-touch points and high risk areas.
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning of all air filters.
- Our spa journey has been updated and therapists will use PPE whilst performing treatments.
- All linens and towelling are laundered at our laundry facility to temperatures above 60 degree and to HSE guidelines for your comfort and safety.
- But of course our heartfelt and genuine welcome will remain, except we will replace our handshake with our hand placed over our heart and a warm smile and nod and say “Welcome”.
At Dromoland Castle, the health and safety of our guests and employees are paramount to us. We are closely monitoring the ongoing and ever-changing situation of COVID-19 and want to ensure guests that we are taking proactive measures to reduce the stress of the situation for everyone who enters the Castle. We are completely open and operating as usual and are as excited as ever to welcome new and returning guests into our Irish family home. Below we’ve addressed some questions and concerns and are here to discuss any additional queries that may arise.
With love from the Dromoland Castle family.